[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A lost opportunity

  • From: sally@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, Tigra12@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:48:31 +0000

Sally..I understand your frustration..but you are judging the Canadian
national...you judge our breed..certainly you can't feel disenfranchised? I
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
Christine
My judging has nothing to do with the club it has to do with my love of the
dogs. Other then a section on the judges application (a long time ago) where I
had to fill out what clubs I belonged to the PC is not been involved in my
judging at all.
I think if people would honestly reply an awful lot of members are very
frustrated and feel disenfranchised by the PC. For many years each time a new
group of officers and board members were elected we offered our help and guess
what we were never used. It is the same people all the time on all the
committees.
Just take a look at the futurity judge requirements- Many of the top people in
the breed can not judge a futurity because they do not meet the requirements.
Ridiculous--
After a few years of this you get to the point where you say OK this is the way
it is I can survive and do it with out them or you just drop out of the club.
Quite truthfully the last few years of being on this list is the first time I
felt that we had any say at all in the way the club function because we now
know what is going on.
I don't think new people to the breed say to themselves - what can I give the
club But more like what will the club do for me to help me on my way. It is
after years in the trenches you finally say I know enough and am good enough to
give back now. So the club must find more ways to help the new people. and then
eventually they will give back to the club
sally