[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A lost opportunity

  • From: "Steve Grainger" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:54:32 -0500

We can't contain the discussions as far as others repeating what is said.
we can't do it on this List...if there is a major impact..then so be
it..perhaps we need a major impact...On the current List..we can't discuss
the elections..candidates can't let us know their positions on issues
important to their constituents...The new list I have in mind..will allow
for this...we have many who apparently don't know the candidates..yet we
limited what can be discussed on this List..further alienating the people
who would like to know who they are voting for. We have non-members
influencing the outcome of important issues in the GSDCA.. I am sure the
"We can't" will prevail...I already sense it...any thought of progression
in the GSDCA looks to be a lost cause..or is somehow perceived as a threat.
In my world..I can't imagine that anyone thinking that 5.00 a month to help
support our breed is too much...however..in todays world..we need
incentives..it isn't enough unfortunately for people just to want to belong
for the sake of supporting the breed..everyone "wants" something for their
money...I am trying to think of creative ways to give them more bang for
their buck...any input form the "WE CANS..would be appreciated..C.Grainger

<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 8/23/2005 10:14:44 AM
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A lost opportunity
>

> With all due respect, that's impossible for a number of reasons: it is
impossible to contain the discussions, it is impossible to have almost
parallel lists without major impact, it is impossible to manage multiple
lists independently, and it is impossible for the List to 'stay as it  is..'

"showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>     Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A lost opportunity
>       Sally...this is where the concept of a GSDCA List comes
forth...again  for
>     the hundredth time..the current List will stay as it
>     is..education..brags..handling...whatever we discuss will stay the
>     same..with the exception information pertinent to the GSDCA...are you
>     saying that you would not tap into a GSDCA List to find out PC
information
>     as a PC member? what are your suggestions for increasing membership
and
>     membership benefits?..I have offered some progressive ideas for
improvement
>     that most have received quite well..I realize it is a departure from
the
>     usual grind of "this club is going to Hell in a hand basket" but I and
>     others are  offering  insightful ideas to provoke thought, positive
>     discussion and get people motivated to  participate in taking the club
>     forward...We ARE the GSDCA..the GSDCA is not some obscure
organization made
>     up of  other people..if it goes to hell..then we are responsible for
its
>     demise..so we can either work together for improvement..or wallow in
self
>     pity..what's it going to be?C.Grainger

FORWARDS
>     of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original
author
>     AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
>     >
>     > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE
IN ANY
>     MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
>     PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
>     FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL BE