[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A list of Judges?

  • From: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:25:18 EDT

Sean,
I think that is the point of this being a private  list.  Nobody is out to
defile judges.  It is merely to give us the  tools to make an educated decision
as to what judge we should show our dogs  under.
To use your example:  Say I have an awesome dog with a  missing premolar.  I
know the judge doesn't worry about minor faults and  will put a dog up that
has everything else.

Or: Say I have a dog  is a little dirty going away or lifts in front or
locked hocks.  Wouldn't I  want to know what judges would look at the other
attrubutes my dog has?  Or  want to know the judges who want a clean dog with
proper
movement?

Or:  Say I am an owner/handler.  Wouldn't I want to know who only looks at
the  face at the end of the lead and who looks at the DOG?  Could be the other
way around too :-)

Plus it is a good way to get to know the judges and  what they put up.  It
shouldn't be a gripe session.  Just observations  and experiences from others
that will be provided upon request.  I can only  see that as a  positive.
Unfortunately, Laura, the reality is that we all have different perceptions
and opinions as to what is movement, clean coming and going and proper
movement.  While I may think that my dog has better movement than the dog  in
front
of it because it reached out a bit better, the judge may be looking at  "going
away".  And then there is the issue of what the judge gets to see in  the
middle of the ring and what we, the outsiders, get to see on the  outside of
the
ring.  I have seen many well meaning exhibitors complain  about what I thought
was a perfectly good placing of animals because their  "heart" was in one of
the lower placings.  A list of this sort would be a  disservice to novice
people that may believe "to the letter" the misconception  of an opinionated
owner.   Sorry... I think the intentions were  excellent but the execution
would be
a terrible mistake.  As always,  JMI.

Dania