[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A list of Judges?

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: plushpuppyohio@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:49:28 EDT

I'm glad to see the interest in this, both pro and con (and yes, a good
amount of people find a good reason for this, specifically for GSDs.   Started
the
VERY PRIVATE group of people interested in this already, and will devise a
good and objective way to list good traits and objectionable traits of the
judges
that have already been reported.   Objections are valid, and yes, I know
there are AB lists out there that do this.But none just for GSDs.   I think
taking
the objections (VERY VALID) and being aware of them is the key to being
neutral and discerning.   Right now, I see the organization as more what kind
of
dog to show under a certain judge, not a slamming of the judge at all.   A
person who puts up a
dog with a missing premolar may be listed as a person that puts up the best
dog DESPITE a missing premolar (if the informing participant even found out
about that LOL). Not a fault judge. An AB judge that puts that same dog at the
end of the line (that very nice dog) BECAUSE of the missing pre-molar would
soon
be seen as a fault judge by a couple more shows.    And despite being a fault
judge, there would be SOMETHING positive listed about what kind of dogs
she/he seems to like.   I would be more concerned talking about judges who
don't
discriminate against Black Dogs/Sables/owner-handlers/ etc., etc.   This "list"
would be very private and the participants would contact me and if the judge
that they are asking about is there, they will be warned that this is only one
(or 5 or whatever) person's judgement, and we would be eager to hear their
critique.
I can't imagine a judge without ANY redeeming qualities (Well, maybe they
ones that are scared to death of GSDs, like I ran into once in a BBE Group
judging LOL....with DREAMER yet!!!), but for people
who are not in the loop of the knowledgeable, and really can't figure out
what kind of judge they should show their dog under, I think this could be a
valuable PRIVATE group of people to exchange viewpoints.

Thank you all for giving me insight into possible future difficulties.   I
will remember them and if this turns out to be relatively sucessful, I WILL
report back.
www.FairhopeGSD.com