[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A Rich Man's Sport

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx>, <BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 21:31:55 -0700

I remember showing at the National a few years back. I had a handler who
wanted $1500.- to show my dog in breed. To be sure I would not bow out he
wanted half the very day I engaged him for that purpose. Then, when it was
time to show he informed me that he had another dog to show in the same
class and wanted me to stand by to take my dog as soon as he would get out
of the ring so he could take the other dog in. I was steaming! Then I heard
that this was done quite often and that there was no rule against it.
Of course my dog did not place, they are smarter than we are and know when
they are passed up for another one. That was the last time I showed.
Lee