[sac-forum] Call for Observations

  • From: AJ <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:21:48 -0700

As requested on page 10 of the December issue of SAC Newsletter the
objects for February are from Perseus - specifically they are
    M76 - The Little Dumbbell.
    NGC957 - an open cluster from the Urban List.
    NGC1023 - a very bright galaxy.
    NGC1245 - an open cluster from the Herschel 400 list.
    NGC1275 - Perseus Galaxy Cluster - listed as faint.
    NGC1491 - bright nebula from the 110 Best NGC.
    NGC1582 - large bright open cluster.
    NGC1605 - small open cluster.
If you have observations of these objects and would like to have them
appear in the newsletter, get them to me by January 15th.
While I'm at it, here are the constellations for March and April.

The next constellation will be the Charioteer, Auriga, yes I'm afraid to
try Orion this early - perhaps next year.  We'll stay with approximately
the same number of objects and see what develops, but vary the content
some by including more Messier selections, a IC entry and a double
star.  Look to turning these in during February for the March issue.
    M38 - magnitude 6.4.
NGC1778 - magnitude 7.7
NGC1907 - on 110 Best NGC and 400 Herschel lists.
NGC1931 - cluster with nebulosity; on 110 Best NGC and 400 Herschel lists.
NGC2281 - magnitude 5.4
 IC2149 - this planetary nebula is brighter than NGC2242.
 STF698 - a nice color contrasting double from F.G.W. Struve's
catalogue, what color or colors do you see?

Next it will be Monoceros.
NGC2215 - magnitude 8.4
NGC2232 - magnitude 3.9
NGC2236 - magnitude 8.5
NGC2250 - magnitude 8.9
NGC2335 - magnitude 7.2
NGC2353 - magnitude 7.1
   Beta - nice triple star that is distant companion to Rigel, what
color or colors do you see?