[sac-board] Re: SAC Handout for 2007 (pub lice vents)

  • From: Paul Dickson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:14:05 -0700

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:41:40 -0700, Peter Argenziano wrote:

> For layout purposes on a landscape 8.5" x 11" press sheet, each of the three
> columns should be 3.5" wide with a quarter-inch gutter. This is just to
> ensure the design appears centered and doesn't extend into a fold. Your
> c-fold design looks just fine as you have blank space at each fold.

The extra RAM did indeed resolve all my printing problems.

The PDF now includes two versions of the pamphlet (leaflet?).  The first
is setup for what I found works best for folding.  There are to marks at
he bottom to mark were the folds should be.  The second version (the last
two pages), keeps everything within the margins.

I only included a subset of the fonts.  This reduced the size of the PDF
by 65%.  With two copies of the pamphlet, it's still smaller than the
original.  I shrank the sac-maps PDF too.

The Text

I rewrote the first 3.5 paragraphs.  I feel this version is a lot better
and this version was spell-checked.  Please do check the grammar...

The inside of the pamphlet is suitable for mounting on a refrigerator or
bulletin board.  It contains all the directions necessary for getting to
the club meeting.

I'm a bit concern about Jack Jones' E-mail address.  It's a bit
confusing.  When I look at it, I see "publice vents" or "pub lice vents"
before I work very hard add see "public events".  Jack, would  it be OK
if we get Stan to change this to "public-events"?

If I stretch the vertical margins, I might be able to include an image.