name of cc in the renamed rumprun toolchain

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users <rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 13:11:42 +0000

Hi,

At least the NetBSD cross-toolchain distinguishes between gcc and clang in the cc binary name, i.e. arch--netbsd-gcc or arch--netbsd-clang. Should we do the same? Obviously, it would always be -gcc for now, before some kind soul comes up with clang support, but at least we should be set later on.

If so, should we keep -cc as an alias for -gcc, so as to simplify instructions to not always have to contain "if you want to use gcc, set CC to -gcc, if you want to use clang, set CC to -clang"?

- antti