Re: name of cc in the renamed rumprun toolchain

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 13:00:23 +0000

On 02/07/15 15:50, Martin Lucina wrote:

On Thursday, 02.07.2015 at 13:11, Antti Kantee wrote:
Hi,

At least the NetBSD cross-toolchain distinguishes between gcc and
clang in the cc binary name, i.e. arch--netbsd-gcc or
arch--netbsd-clang. Should we do the same? Obviously, it would
always be -gcc for now, before some kind soul comes up with clang
support, but at least we should be set later on.

Yes, we should do the same and use -gcc. That is what a standard
cross-toolchain does, and configure is trained to look for -gcc as well.

Ok, done. -gcc was added (and -clang will be automagically dealt with in case someone manages to add support for it some day). -cc was removed.

I don't quite know what to do with -c++. It seems to be present for example in the NetBSD xtoolchain along with -g++. For now, the wrappers only generate -g++ (or -clang++). The wrapperizing should also be made more accurate to generate those iff havecxx ...