[rollei_list] Re: light leak repair

  • From: Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 21:16:57 -0500

Shannon,

Where are you located? There is Harry Fleenor in California as well. If yo uhave a late 30s, and the back is not bad, Harry or someone can repair it. Sounds like a light leak from a lousy seal. What I suggest if try on more roll and electrical tape the seams completely. Then see if there is not a light leak. If not, then your back need adjustment.
Can you notice any bends in it?

There were bends in it right after I  dropped it, but I thought i fixed them.

I will try the taping experiment. If I still see fog, I guess it is not coming from the seams.

--shannon

Peter K

On 10/2/05, Shannon Stoney <<mailto:sstoney@xxxxxxx>sstoney@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Welcome to the list.

--- Richard Knoppow Los Angeles, CA, USA <mailto:dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ---

Thanks.  Here's my first question:

I have a Rollei from the late thirties.  I dropped the back of it
while changing film one day last summer, and I just found out while
processing the film from those months that a lot of them have a
strange bar shaped flare across the picture. It's always in the same
place. It looks as if light is getting in at the corner and then
reflecting off one of the rollers.  I think the back must have gotten
bent or something when I dropped it. I tried to straighten it, but
apparently I didn't do a good enough job.

I looked online for a rollei repair person that repairs older rolleis
like mine, and I found Krikor Maralian in New Jersey.  Should I send
it to him?  Or is there somebody else that I should consider to
repair this old rollei?  There is another well-known repair person
named Harry I think, but he only works on not-so-old rolleis.

--shannon

- Post to <mailto:rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Subscribe at <mailto:rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'
in the subject field OR by logging into <//www.freelists.org>www.freelists.org