[rollei_list] Re: light leak repair

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 17:33:00 -0700

Shannon,

Where are you located? There is Harry Fleenor in California as well. If yo
uhave a late 30s, and the back is not bad, Harry or someone can repair it.
Sounds like a light leak from a lousy seal. What I suggest if try on more
roll and electrical tape the seams completely. Then see if there is not a
light leak. If not, then your back need adjustment.
Can you notice any bends in it?
 Peter K

 On 10/2/05, Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> >Welcome to the list.
> >
> >---
> >Richard Knoppow
> >Los Angeles, CA, USA
> >dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >---
>

> Thanks. Here's my first question:
>
> I have a Rollei from the late thirties. I dropped the back of it
> while changing film one day last summer, and I just found out while
> processing the film from those months that a lot of them have a
> strange bar shaped flare across the picture. It's always in the same
> place. It looks as if light is getting in at the corner and then
> reflecting off one of the rollers. I think the back must have gotten
> bent or something when I dropped it. I tried to straighten it, but
> apparently I didn't do a good enough job.
>
> I looked online for a rollei repair person that repairs older rolleis
> like mine, and I found Krikor Maralian in New Jersey. Should I send
> it to him? Or is there somebody else that I should consider to
> repair this old rollei? There is another well-known repair person
> named Harry I think, but he only works on not-so-old rolleis.
>
> --shannon

> www.freelists.org<//www.freelists.org>

> 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org<//www.freelists.org>

Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬