[rollei_list] light leak repair

  • From: Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 17:54:25 -0500

Welcome to the list.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
---

Thanks.  Here's my first question:

I have a Rollei from the late thirties. I dropped the back of it while changing film one day last summer, and I just found out while processing the film from those months that a lot of them have a strange bar shaped flare across the picture. It's always in the same place. It looks as if light is getting in at the corner and then reflecting off one of the rollers. I think the back must have gotten bent or something when I dropped it. I tried to straighten it, but apparently I didn't do a good enough job.

I looked online for a rollei repair person that repairs older rolleis like mine, and I found Krikor Maralian in New Jersey. Should I send it to him? Or is there somebody else that I should consider to repair this old rollei? There is another well-known repair person named Harry I think, but he only works on not-so-old rolleis.

--shannon