[rollei_list] Re: Tripod versus Handheld

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:26:38 -0300

The main factor to consider if you need a tripod and similar or not is
the shutter speed,I prefer to use tripod for shutter speeds slower
than 1/25 sec or 1/30 sec talking about Rollei TLRs, BTW I hate to use
tripods. I hold the camera as shown in several Rollei TLR manuals from
the '50s, it allows to shoot with the right index finger and to use
the right thumb to advance the crank and to use it as counter-movement
when you press the shutter release button, if necessary.
I really couldn't find a difference shooting 35mm with standard lens
and the TLR camera hand-held, the TLR is more flexible from some
points of view.
The SL 66 is not the best camera to shoot hand-held due to its weight,
but you can do it with good results.

Carlos