[rollei_list] Re: Tripod versus Handheld

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 07:05:16 -0300

Interesting experiment John. The Rollei TLR plates holder for the
plates adapter has four strong springs that push the glass plate or
the metal basis for the film sheets against the upper and lower
flanges, it works placing the film sheet on the metal basis out of the
holder (there is no way to slide the film sheet itself between the
metal basis and the flanges due to the springs pressure) to slide both
together along the flanges up to a lateral top, this way no problem
with the film sheet thickness, it is always pressed against the
flanges; since the Rollei TLR uses a 6.5cm x 9cm film sheet for a
6x6cm image, you have a good area to handle the film sheet (the Rollei
film sheet small size and its rigidness helps to avoid a curved film
to the center); when the film holder has the right position in the
camera, other springs pushes the film sheet carrier against the film
gate releasing the holder lever, putting the sheet in the focal
plane.-

Carlos