[rollei_list] Re: Tripod versus Handheld

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 10:39:02 -0500

At 10:01 AM 8/18/2011, Alan wrote, in part:
Looking for answers to these anomalies is what first brought me to the Rollei list (1997), where I subsequently learned that sometimes i20 film goes wandering in the focal plane. Why and under what circumstances I still don't understand. Ever since, when time and opportunity allow, I always make two exposures of a subject when I need critical sharpness. Usually, both are good, but sometimes not.

I remember something about a glass accessory plate for the Rollei. Did that go in front of or behind the film?

My recollection is that it went in front because I had some concerns about scratching the film. Never saw one, though.

DAW