[rollei_list] Re: SL66 for travel?

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 13:53:10 -0500

At 08:45 AM 9/19/2017, you wrote:

Does any one use a SL66 for travel to older city centers?

If so which lenses do you bring? How important is a 40mm lens for old tight quarters?

I am a little concerned about the weight, but the close focus ability and clarity of slide film on a good size screen are my reasons for considering it.

John

No idea about SL66 weight, never owned one, but I wish I had some sort of wide angle lens when traveling in Europe. I remember having to back up right inside the front door of a business to get all the Trevi fountain in a picture. (Think I got it all, need to find those shots to check)

I just had a look at some stock pictures and am reminded that I was diagonally off the fountain and probably got it all. I do remember backing up into a business front door that day. [I'm pretty sure there were wide-angle adapters for the 2.8C but not in my budget]

DAW~