[rollei_list] Re: SL66 for travel?

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 18:12:23 -0700

   If you can find a roll adaptor for a Century Graphic or one of the small Crown or Speed Graphics you can shoot your slides. There were adaptors made for 6x6 as well as 2-1/4 x 3-1/4. The 6x6 requires a mask for the finder. They were made but might be hard to find. I make my own from thin brass stock or even kraft paper. Of course, the 2-1/4 x 3-1/4 slides can be cut down. The ultimate is having a 6x9 projector AKA lantern slide projector. The quality of projected 6x9 transparencies is not to be believed.
   If you buy a Graphic the best lenses were the Kodak Ektars. The cheaper lens on the Century is a Wollensak triplet of good but not outstanding quality. The best of the bunch was the Kodak Ektar f/3.7, 105mm. This is an Altman Heliar of outstanding quality. The same design was used on the Ektra and the Medalist camera. It was also used for the 50mm and 75mm Enlarging Ektar lenses.
   However the 101MM, f/4.5 Ektar is also an outstanding lens and much more common.
   I would avoid the Wollensak lenses made for Graflex. Wollensak made excellent shutters but some awful lenses.

On 9/19/2017 5:08 PM, John Inglis wrote:

The Graflex Century Graphic looks interesting.
But I do like to project 6x6 120 film slide images.
Thanks for all the ideas!

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 7:12 PM, `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    For anyone interested in Graflex cameras see:
    http://graflex.org/

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx