[rollei_list] Re: Rolleimeter

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:00:13 +0100

As Carlos has said, there are two versions of each type of Rolleimeter,
one for cameras without meter and the second version with a shaped
cutout to the lower part of the frame, which clears the exposure meter
cell.

I have a 3.5 and a 2.8 Rolleimeter. The 2.8 version fits my Rolleiflex
2.8E with meter but will not fit my Rolleiflex 3.5F, neither will the
3.5 version. There appears to be a slight difference to the rear of
Rolleiflex nameplate on the 3.5F, such that the claws on the Rolleimeter
do not grip the later nameplate in the way that they do on the earlier
version. It is the later cameras, with removable viewfinder hood, that
have a different shaped nameplate. The alignment of the Rolleimeter
fixing is not the same because of this difference. The Rolleimeter is
rigid on the 2.8E (having a fixed viewfinder hood) but just 'slides off'
the 3.5F with removable hood. Hence, I guess that the Rolleimeter will
not fit a Rolleiflex TLR with removable hood.

Essentially,the 2.8 and 3.5 Rolleimeter versions are the same meter but
supplied with a different chrome adjustment fitting and screw (marked
2.8 or 3.5)and calibration dial to fit over the focusing knob. The basic
factory mirror alignment is by screws under the small leather cover on
top of the 'peep' window. See repair manual for this adjustment.

John