[rollei_list] Re: Rolleimeter

  • From: Ferdi Stutterheim <F.W.Stutterheim-77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:40:17 +0100

Allan,

Well, Carlos filled in most of the gaps by now. He lives in a different time
zone. I would like to add just a few things. The Rolleimeters were made for
cameras with the non-detachable hoods only. So they will not fit any camera
with the later detachable hood. There are 4 possible combinations: 3.5, 2.8 and
without lightmeter, with lightmeter. The older ones are for cameras without the
lightmeter. Obviously they lack the slot for the lightmeter. They have serial
numbers from 1000 - 3999. The swing arms are clearly marked either "3.5" or
"2.8". The 3.5 is made for the Rolleiflex 3.5 / 3.5A from nr. 1.100.000. These
cameras should be calibrated by the alternative method without using the disc.
The 3.5B can be calibrated using the disc. The 2.8 is made for the Rolleiflex
2.8C. The disc can be used.

Later models have the slot for the lightmeter. No serial numbers. The swing
arms are clearly marked. The 3.5 was designed for the Rolleiflex 3.5C but this
one will fit earlier mentioned 3.5 cameras. Disc can be used. The 2.8 was
designed for the 2.8E but will fit earlier mentioned 2.8 cameras.

Mine is a 2.8 with slot. Unfortunately I had to settle for an F-type Rolleiflex
;-) so I have not actually used the Rolleimeter.

Ferdi.
----
Ferdi Stutterheim,
Drachten, Netherlands.

Op 31 dec 2011, om 00:30 heeft Allan Derickson het volgende geschreven: