[rollei_list] Re: Rolleimeter

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 22:53:20 -0300

2011/12/30 Allan Derickson <alland435@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I’ve been thinking of getting a Rolleimeter, the add-on rangefinder for the
> non-removable hood Rolleis, to try for photographing my active little boy. I
> see them on Ebay but some don’t appear to include the calibration rings. Are
> those rings absolutely necessary or can you somehow set infinity without
> them?

I have a Rolleimeter 2.8 (for 2.8/80 lenses), the adjustment methods
are identical for the Rolleimeter 2.8 and 3.5 (for 3.5/75 lenses), the
calibration ring is to set the Rolleimeter for your camera lens real
focal length, it is not to set infinity and yes, you can set the
Rolleimeter for your camera lens real focal length without the
calibration ring, this adjustment becomes optical without the ring. if
you use the ring, you need to set your lens real focal length with the
ring first and to set the Rolleimeter for infinity afterward; if you
don't have the ring these operations are inverted, you need to set
infinity first and the real focal length afterward and to check
infinity again. The Rollei Practical Accesories manual explains the
methods to calibrate the Rolleimeter with and without the calibration
ring, you need to look for the Rolleimeter and the point "E" describes
the way to calibrate it without the ring, the manual says it's for the
Automats with smaller focusing knob but it can be applied for any
Rolleiflex camera that can add the Rolleimeter:
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/rollei/rolleiflex_acc/rolleiflex_acc-2.htm

The first Rolleimeter was designed for the 2.8C and then it was called
"Rolleimeter C". There are a special Rolleimeter 2.8 and a Rolleimeter
3.5 for the 2.8E and 3.5E, they have a dedicated slot for the E
lighmeter selenium cells, these Rolleimeters work identical regarding
the others models.