[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex clones

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 21:58:48 -0300

According the Japanese OlympusFlex collector Mr Suzuki, the six
elements Zuiko 2.8/75 was replaced with a 3.5 version because the 2.8
was soft too much at the corners. The OlympusFlex couldn't keep the
45º secondary mirror due to a F&H patent still in force. This camera
did not have automatic DOF indicator, automatic film feeler mechanism
and other features you can find in the Rolleiflex cameras, the last
OlympusFlex model was manufactured in 1956 and it was considered a
Rolleicord copy, not a Rolleiflex copy like the three first models.
The Seikosha shutter was not so good like the Compur.

The Koni Omega is not a TLR camera, It's a RF camera similar to Mamiya
23 and Mamiya Universal, the images you can see in the web taken with
the Koni Omega are not impressive.-

Carlos