[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex clones

  • From: "RM WISER" <rwiser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 08:54:34 -1200

Hi Marvin, I had quite a few of  various TLR's and  found the older Yashica-Mat
, although in lacking features seemed well made, easy to use and gave fair
results.  I owned several Yashica-Mat-124's and the like  that were ok but not
as substantial as the Rolleiflex or Rolleicord.  For the current cost I would
prefer a Rolleicord.The Mat-124 still seem pricey.

The Mamiya TLR rivaled the  Rolleiflex as far as results. . I Had all of the
lens and most accessories. The cameras and accessories were heavy and bulky and
I later found that the Rolleiflex was easier to use and could better suit my
limited MF needs as a non-professional.

Roger.