[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex clones

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 18:23:43 -0400

> Hi Marvin, I had quite a few of  various TLR's and  found the older
> Yashica-Mat , although in lacking features seemed well made, easy to use and
> gave fair results.  I owned several Yashica-Mat-124's and the like  that were
> ok but not as substantial as the Rolleiflex or Rolleicord.  For the current
> cost I would prefer a Rolleicord.The Mat-124 still seem pricey.
>
> The Mamiya TLR rivaled the  Rolleiflex as far as results. . I Had all of the
> lens and most accessories. The cameras and accessories were heavy and bulky
> and I later found that the Rolleiflex was easier to use and could better suit
> my limited MF needs as a non-professional.
>
> Roger.

There was a guy at the Barnes and Noble last week on Broadway Lincoln
Triangle Manhattan wearing a Stetson hat and had a Yashica twin lens around
his neck I thought they were 120. It had an odd flash hanging off the side.
I tried to engage in in conversation told him we were on the same team but
he was not all that friendly. We were waiting on line for espressos.
Often I see people with Leica's like once a week and have a nice chat with
the people. Not one of them have been on the LUG yet.
But a twin lens person is a rare thing.

Mark William Rabiner