[rollei_list] Re: Rollei SL2000F and 3003: Quality

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:58:28 -0300

The specific technical info about the 2000F  developing in the Report
3 has German technical terms and I'm not sure about some words
translations, however it's clear that the 2000F and the SL 35E had a
parallel developing and a significant number of electronic parts
designed for the SL 35E  were used for the 2000F too, since the SL 35E
was manufactured in Singapore, it's easy to guess some 2000F parts
were manufactured in Singapore initially. BTW , there also is in the
book pretty info about the SL 35E developing and their prototypes (f.e
two images compare the electronic Rollei shutter with the electronic
Seiko shutter), info linked someway to the 2000F but I don't think to
enter there.
Prochnow does write that due to the SL 2000 had the highest quality
standard as Rollei top model product, it was not planned to change the
production to Singapore: "...  Bedingt durch den außergewöhnlich hohen
Qualitätsanspruch als Rolleis Top-Modell war keine
Fertigungsverlagerung nach Singapore geplant...." .

Carlos