[rollei_list] Rollei Retro 100/Agfa 100 - problems

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:17:00 +0100

I recently have had some problems having this developed, the negatives have come back very thin, pretty much useless.

Today I picked up 4 more rolls, 2 tri-x 400 and 2 Rollei retro 100. The tri-x was beautiful, the retro not so. Now I've shot a lot of this film and never had any problems. I thought maybe there was some other issue, but then it occured to me that I started the 4 rolls with 100 ISO retro, went to NYC, shot a roll, changed to 400 (as it was getting dark and I was to attend a conference indoors the next few days), *changed the meter to 400 ISO*, kept shooting.

Now, I can imagine being boneheaded enough to have forgotten to move the ISO on the meter from 400 back to 100 when I shot the last roll (on the last day of my trip, after the 2 400 ISO rolls), but I'm 110% certain that the meter (and film) were both set to 100 ISO when I started, and that film is just as thin (barely visible shadows on the negs) as the other.

I spoke to the lab today, and they weren't sure what the problem was, but concured that it looked severely underdeveloped. We agreed that I will shoot another roll this afternoon and deliver it in the morning, and see what happens.

So I wonder, has anyone had any problems with the Rollei Retro 100 ISO film?

It was developed in Tetinol Ultrafine, 4 minutes (or more) @ 24C in a JOBO ATL1500.

Best regards,
Thor