[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Insolvency...

  • From: John Lehman <johnfromalaska@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 17:21:50 -0700

On Apr 23, 2015, at 10:09 PM, tom rogers <jtomrogers@xxxxxxxxxxx> and various
others became embroiled in a discussion of Chinese manufacturing quality

Without getting involved in the details of the discussion, I might point out
that German companies which manufacture in China invest a great deal in the
education and training of their Chinese employees, as well as assigning an
unusually large proportion of German engineers to help oversee operations
there. I teach in programs both for Germans in China and for the Chinese
employees of their companies. The programs at the Chinese university which
delivers them have German professional certifications, and many of the faculty
are Germans (or German-speaking Americans).

John Lehman
Portland Oregon and Shanghai China