[rollei_list] Re: AW: Re: For Sale: Rolleiflex 3.5F Zeiss Planar 12/24, 6-element 'late-model' 97.5% Mint

  • From: Mark Kronquist <mak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 17:05:08 -0700

If there is no price how can we of not unlimited funds know if we are interested

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 24, 2015, at 3:26 PM, tom rogers <jtomrogers@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

eBay pricing didn't trigger the discussion; posts to this lists with prices
did.
I would suggest sellers not post prices - interested parties can contact
off-list for info.

As to a Digi-Baby (Zuckerbaby?)
Why that form factor in particular?

What sensor size - 35mm full frame w. a 75 or 80 lens a-la Rolleikin? or
something between 35 & 6x6?
Sensor cost and electronics are the $$$ components - not sure if it could be
done for $2k

thoughts?

From: Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] AW: Re: For Sale: Rolleiflex 3.5F Zeiss Planar 12/24,
6-element 'late-model' 97.5% Mint
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 21:36:51 +0000

Let's talk about to continue the legend of Rolleiflex and not to discuss
pricing at Ebay.

So, what I would like to have would be a Baby Rolleiflex with a high quality
digital sensor.

I would spend $ 2000 for it if the quality would be Made in Germany and the
sensor would be decent.

Dirk

Dirk-Roger Schmitt

From: dsadowski@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 02:19:54 -0500
6-element 'late-model' 97.5% Mint
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The used Rollei equipment market has functioned more or less independently
from the new market for a long time now, since the prices of new ones were so
far out of whack with the old ones.

Used prices are based on supply and demand, and it's just as likely that more
people will sell their Rolleis now that they are "orphans" than other people
will want to buy them. There are just as many 2.8s and 3.5s and Ts around as
there were last week before the auction-- and maybe more of them will be put
on sale by people who are now discouraged. Meanwhile, there may be fewer
buyers because some people will be worried about the continued availability
of parts and service.

You also have the gradual, continued shift to digital working against the
idea of prices going up.

I would actually be surprised if the prices of used Rolleis did go up rather
than staying more or less flat. The guy who would spend $2000 on a used
Rollei probably wasn't going to spend $5000 on a new one anyway.

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 1:45 AM, william schillereff
<pastorbill6@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nope, I am getting old and work far to hard and simplifying my life. I think
Rollei will go up up in price. I have loved mine. Presently I photograph 35
in parks and graveyards and such. Much lighter gear and shorter trips.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 23, 2015, at 9:40 PM, David Sadowski <dsadowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are people being influenced to sell their Rolleis simply because new Rolleis
may not be made any longer?

That's like saying you should sell your Packard or DeSoto because they
stopped making them years ago. Somehow people manage to keep them running.

Same with Deardorffs...

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 10:58 PM, william schillereff
<pastorbill6@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am selling the following:
Rolleiflex FX 2.8 planar 80mm. The chocolate leather. Comes with box and
papers including manual. Is in excellent condition. I have put about five
rolls of film through it with great results. Seeking 3200.00. Have the Metz
hammer with cable and adaptor for the trough the lens metering strobe. Price
can be negotiated.

Rolleiflex T. Early model with Tessar lens. Worked well for and is
cosmetically very good

Rolleiflex 3.5f XENOTAR looks good, meter works. Slow shutter on low end.
needs CLR. COULD BE A FINE CAMERA.

Rolleicord Va works. Looks nice and takes fine images.

Have two eye level prisms in fair condition a pan head and some odds and
ends. Will consider a price for the lot. I have retired to part time
ministry and need more room in the place.

William Schillereff

Reply be email and I can share my phone number

On Apr 23, 2015, at 6:41 PM, Brad Herman <bherman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah, the "trust-me" part is for the need for a good CLA.

The price is $1999.99 'net to me', for forum members or you guys - shipped
within the USA

It is listed on the auction site (for a bit more to cove the fees), but
please check out my feedback under ID (hermab).

It is also listed on the Rangefinder Forum:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost-classifieds/showproduct.php/produc
t/46805/title/rolleiflex-35f-zeiss-planar-12-2f24-2c-6-element-27late-model-
27-975-25-mint-2c-leather-case-2c-full-cla-2c-gorgeous/cat/4

This is a really fine piece.

Brad

From: bherman@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] For Sale: Rolleiflex 3.5F Zeiss Planar 12/24,
6-element 'late-model' 97.5% Mint
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 21:19:38 -0400

You don't need an auction to own one of the nicest Rolleiflex 3.5F's
available!

I have for sale a gorgeous Rolleiflex 3.5F 12/24 (120/220) 'Late
Model' Type
4 with the 75mm F/3.5 Zeiss Planar 6-Element Lens complete with
fantastic Rolleiflex Leather Case, Strap, Caps, incident meter diffuser
and manual.
The screen is the Rolleiflex Grid and Magnified Microprism Center. The
camera is approx. from the 1969-1973 time-frame, and from the looks of
it, hardly used.

The serial number for the camera is: 283xxxx. There are a few faint
marks on tripod mounting plate, and maybe 2-3 almost invisible marks
here and there, but I'm being very picky. The lenses are perfect, the
mirror is perfect, and the waist-level finder is perfect. This camera
is easily 97.5% mint and collector's grade (but *please* use it!!)

The Rolleiflex leather case/strap is also near mint, (98%), and it is
the proper one which has the cutout for the 12/24 switch. I've seen
cases alone in this condition fetch $250.00-$350.00 or more, and an
additional $75.00+ for the strap. The case also includes the (rare)
Meter Knob Cover, which can sell separately for $100.00 or more. I
have been using and collecting Rolleiflex TLRs for over 30 years, and I've
yet to find one this nice.

Perhaps best of all, the camera has had a full CLA in April 2015 by
Krikor from Krimar photo. The camera got a Shutter Overhaul, Transport
was checked, self-timer, focus and meter checked and/or adjusted. This
cost me $300.00.
He said that the camera was perfect! Trust me, every Rolleiflex, no
matter how pretty or little it's been used, needs some sort of CLA or
overhaul to keep it in good working order.

I hate to sell it, but I have two 3.5Fs, and one must go. It will be a
very, very, long time before you find a Rolleiflex 3.5F with case in
this condition. Maybe never?

**Buy the kit on Thursday, 4/23 or Friday, 4/24, and I'll include a
99.9% like-new Rollei Bay 2 shade in the box ($149.99 value) and a
ProPack
(5-Rolls) freshly frozen and future-dated Kodak Professional Portra
160 Color Negative Film (220 Roll Film) - $72.95 value**

So, you'll be getting the entire kit, all in collector's grade
condition, with a full CLA, ready to go for another 40-50 years! This
is a great deal on a mint Rolleiflex 3.5F 12/24 (120/220) 'Late Model'
Type 4 with the 75mm
F/3.5 Zeiss Planar 6-Element Lens, case, caps, strap and manual!

*Photos available upon request*

**I also have more caps, filters and Rolleifix QR Adapters**, Just ask
about
them**

Accepting PayPal, no fees.

TERMS: