[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Insolvency...

  • From: "Evan Dong" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ejdong@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 18:13:06 +0000 (UTC)

John,
China in the previous century had an obsession with QUALITY made German
products that was a carryover from the lesson learned and punish upon the
Chinese by the European powers. While Japan learned very quickly form the
Gunboat Policy, China was not as united as Japan in forcing through the
acceptation of Western Power. Japan would leap forward in their modernization
to become the first Asian Power in that Region, as all opposition was wiped
out.  Their first victory against the Czarist Russia prove that shocking point.

(excerpt form http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Japanese_War .........)
[The Russo-Japanese War (8 February 1904 – 5 September 1905) was fought between
the Russian Empire and the Empire of Japan over rival imperial ambitions in
Manchuria and Korea. The major theatres of operations were the Liaodong
Peninsula and Mukden in Southern Manchuria, and the seas around Korea, Japan,
and the Yellow Sea]
 Imperial China was buying weapons form Germany since their loss in the Opium
War,as Germany told Tiensin, China as their main price. Steel manufacturing,
cannons, firearms (Black power long guns), and 1896 Broomhandle Mauser were
manufactured on order to the numerous Warlords.
Fast forward when Deng Xiaoping allow for China to "Blossom" with their new
found modernization after the arrest of the Gang of Four, he embrace German
engineering, Swiss simplicity, and American management for the future of China.
China was to be exactly as his choice of role model, Singapore, A controlled
state run by the late President Lee Kuan Yew. That is China's future
pathCommunist party is trying to keep their grasp of the country. Eventually
their will be another choice of party growing as a grassroot action takes
place. Hopefully it be for the better of the country.
German engineers and technicians has been there in China teaching and setting
up their energy generation plants. Originally East German, followed by  the
French, and West German engineers, the country in many different areas has many
European countries helping or partnering to raise the standard.

Zeiss is in Suzhou making optical equipment and I believe glass elements. Might
be for cellphone and maybe for camera use? Not exactly sure, as the many
technicians I met there did not want to talk of their work. My cousin's husband
came in from  (Krupps) Germany to teach and help the Chinese refine their steel
machining business. So in reality, there many multi-nations working within
China to help them better their manufacturing process.
Evan

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 12:52 PM, tom rogers <jtomrogers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

#yiv3489629376 #yiv3489629376 --.yiv3489629376hmmessage
P{margin:0px;padding:0px;}#yiv3489629376
body.yiv3489629376hmmessage{font-size:12pt;font-family:Calibri;}#yiv3489629376
Tell me about it - my studio is in Van Nuys:  I've been threatened with knives
while street shooting ice cream sellers...

Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 08:42:36 -0700
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rollei Insolvency...
From: petermattei@xxxxxxxxx
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well,  here in San Diego, the simultaneous sound of hip-hop & banda is surely
followed by a lively staccato from the 9mm rhythm section.
On 24 April 2015 at 22:50, tom rogers <jtomrogers@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mexican local gentry also had(have) a taste for German Optics: Got my 3.5 White
Face from a retired Mexican-American wedding photographer.
As to Tejano and other German influenced styles - I prefer hearing it waft
merrily out of pickup truck windows over the angry chest-crushing boom of
hiphop kiks.

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 22:28:43 -0700
From: petermattei@xxxxxxxxx
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good one, John!  I had no idea.  Here along the US southern border our
vestigial German curse is the hand organ and brass instruments introduced by
German railroad engineers to the Mexican local gentry.
On 24 April 2015 at 22:22, John Lehman <johnfromalaska@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Apr 24, 2015, at 10:09 PM,  "rocketmanpm ." <petermattei@xxxxxxxxx>

I was wondering from whom the Chinese Army learned their march-step!

You may have meant this facetiously, but during the Weimar Republic, the
Chinese Nationalists hired unemployed Prussian officers (from generals on down)
to train their army, so that is the source.  The university where I teach in
China was founded by the German government in 1907.

John Lehman
+1 (503) 465-4347

This message is intended for a particular addressee only and may contain
business or company secrets. If you have received this email in error, please
contact the sender and delete the message immediately. Any use of this email,
including saving, publishing, copying, replication or forwarding of the message
or the contents is not permitted.