[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Insolvency...

  • From: Volker Muth <volker_muth@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 17:53:16 +0200

Some large format manufactures like Plaubel, Linhof or Ebony for example still
manufacture mechanical cameras. But this is quite a niche market.
In 35mm have a look on Voigtländer RF cameras, the R2 M, R3 M, R4 M. There is
also a medium format RF camera still manufactured by Fuji, sold as Voigtländer
Bessa III or Fuji GF670.

Regards,

Volker

Am 23.04.2015 um 17:39 schrieb sacsu@xxxxxxx (Redacted sender "sacsu@xxxxxxx"
for DMARC):

Other than Leica (I think) who still manufactures mechanical cameras?

Sam Anson/NJ

Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:57:16 -0400
From: jdecher@xxxxxxx
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] Rollei Insolvency...

Very sad news indeed. I was also hoping there would at least be some
solid Chinese bid for the whole lot, which would then be put
dismantled and put back together in China.
This thing purportedly happened with whole steel works when they
closed in my home region (Westphalia) 25 years ago.

Too bad I did not make it to Braunschweig to visit the factory before
this happened...

Jan
(shot my SL66 this evening in brilliant sunlight)

Unfortunately,

I have very bad news.

The Insolvency Sale starts on Tuesday.

I hoped, there would be somebody found who would take all items in a
batch
to continue, but this did not happen.

I take numerous of photos which I will display later on.
Best regards, and God bless some people from former DHW which still want
to continue.

Regards

Dirk

Dirk-Roger Schmitt