[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Insolvency...

  • From: tom rogers <jtomrogers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 12:41:14 -0700

William - Don't hang up your 'Flexes just yet (but LMK if you do)
There's a whole new crew of young photogs eager to learn about film - and young
engineers and musicians regarding analog and vinyl:
I know, work with, and teach them: Granted, the numbers will never approach the
heyday of the respective technologies - but don't count them out.

The demise of the horse was predicted at the start of the automobile age - 50
years later, there were more horses in the USA than when everyone rode around
on one.

From: pastorbill6@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rollei Insolvency...
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 12:30:19 -0700
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rollei had a good run and now it ended. SAD. I went to the OM 4Ti a number of
years ago and get superb results. I love film and developing but these days of
analog are are coming to and end, as are we.
I have four or five Rollei TLR's which I am considering selling on eBay. This
the time to say,"it was a phenomenal run and it's time has come.
RIP

On Apr 23, 2015, at 5:55 AM, Brett Rogers <rogersbretta@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Personally I would rather see the Rollei TLRs end forever, than have production
moved to China and be tainted by an association with the quality many of that
country's products, rightly or wrongly, have become well-known for.

Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:57:16 -0400
From: jdecher@xxxxxxx
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] Rollei Insolvency...

Very sad news indeed. I was also hoping there would at least be some
solid Chinese bid for the whole lot, which would then be put
dismantled and put back together in China.
This thing purportedly happened with whole steel works when they
closed in my home region (Westphalia) 25 years ago.

Too bad I did not make it to Braunschweig to visit the factory before
this happened...

Jan
(shot my SL66 this evening in brilliant sunlight)

Unfortunately,

I have very bad news.

The Insolvency Sale starts on Tuesday.

I hoped, there would be somebody found who would take all items in a batch
to continue, but this did not happen.

I take numerous of photos which I will display later on.
Best regards, and God bless some people from former DHW which still want
to continue.

Regards

Dirk

Dirk-Roger Schmitt