[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Flash

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 23:39:23 -0500

In 1978, after decades of struggling with all manner of bulb and electronic flashguns, I found true happiness at last with a Vivitar 283 and use one to this day. I consider it the greatest portable light source of them all, a true photography classic like Rollei, Leica, Luna Pro, D76 etc. I'll have no other.

Great photographs, Carlos.  Full of life and color.

Allen Zak

On Jan 10, 2008, at 7:15 PM, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

--- Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx> escribió:
On this same subject, Carlos mentions that he still
uses a Vivitar
283, and I do also....

Yes Don, it was manufactured up to 2005 with a few
improvements along the years, these photogrphs were
taken with the Vivitar 283, the 3.5F Planar and the
Rollei Grip (better seen at the largest size):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/1491480136/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/1490622971/

All the best
Carlos