[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Flash

  • From: "Gene Johnson" <genej2ster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:20:08 -0800

There are differences between strobe and bulb.  2 big ones are overall
power, with bulbs being amazingly powerful, and duration.  Bulbs burn
for intervals like several to many hundredths of a second, and strobes
are basically instantaneous for my purposes anyway. Other than that, I
would be inclined to believe that bulb shots could be well imitated
with a strobe most of the time.  I basically never use strobes, in
favor of hot lights, but I sometimes have to in order to capture
action, for which, they are darn handy.

Gene
www.therolleiman.com

Be Just and Fear Not