[rollei_list] Re: RPA, Efke 25, fixer with hardener?

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 18:12:02 -0400

On Friday, April 03, 2009, at 02:52PM, "Richard Knoppow"
<dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
Richard
The plates I mentioned seemed to be an Agfa product, one which it appears Dr
Biggler has had some experience of from what I read on a french photo groups
web site, A cursory google reveals at least two manufactures of glass
photographic plates for holography still in buisness. Details are available on
the following web sites
http://www.holokits.com/holographic_film_plates.htm#hologram_film_plates
and
http://www.townetech.com/holoplat.htm,
Plates on the second site appear to be spin coated, which is probably an
appropriate modern method of achieving an even coating. Holographic emulsions
tend to have a rather uniform distribution of photosensitive crystals, and as
such would tend to be inherently high contrast materials. Because of the high
resolution necessary for good holographic results, they will also be fine
grained and thus slow. Incidentally spin coating was the technique used by Mrs
Thatcher (nee Roberts) in her research into Langmuir Bloddget films when she
was a scientist before she went into politics. (H.H.G.Jellinek and M.H.Roberts,
J. Sci. Food Agric., 2 (1951) 391.)
All the best
Larry Cuffe