[rollei_list] Re: RPA, Efke 25, fixer with hardener?

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 02:42:23 -0400

Richard I've used hardener in the developer; Before using them in the fix.
Sodium sulfate.
Not sodium sulfite but sulfate is a hardener you can put in many developers
certainly MQ and PQ's to enable such tray development activity.
Its in one of my main Kodak darkroom chemistry books.
Worked like a charm.
It might lower the PH but the constant way in which you're interleaving in
the tray makes for fast development times.

Developing sheet film in racks you don't need any hardener of any kind not
in your fix nor your developer in my experience - which is not small.
Several hundred sheets - not big either. The racks just protect them as
you'd expect.

Full metal rackets.

Mark William Rabiner