[rollei_list] RPA, Efke 25, fixer with hardener?

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:26:49 -0700 (PDT)

A friend of mine is sending me a box of Efke 25 film sheets 6.5cm x 9, this is
the exact size for the Rollei plates adapter.I have read the emulsion is soft
too much while wet and then Efke suggests a fixer with hardener. I have
available to buy a Kodak rapid fixer with hardener, is it necessary really? or
could I handle the wet film sheet with care avoiding to buy a new fixer?. BTW I
have never used the Rollei plates adapter yet, I have never developed film
sheets yet (I have a Domi-Plan tank)and I have never used hardener, modern
emulsions don't need hardener, older ones -Efke 25 uses an Addox formula-
needed one often.
TIA

Carlos

      Yahoo! Cocina