[rollei_list] Re: Plus X -PX 125- and Microdol X discontinued Alan

  • From: "Marvin" <marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 05:43:22 +0800

Greetings Richard, I did not express myself well but the idea was correct.
A normal zone system negative should have the correct development which
means printed on normal paper a zone 5 in the neg should be a zone 5 on
paper. If you increase the development N+1 a zone 5 on the neg becomes a 4
on the neg and so on. Now a process which requires a denser negative such as
the platinum print, should now have information recorded in the areas of the
neg which record the important textual information on the print. Increasing
the development increases contrast right across the tonal range of the
print-this is the desired outcome of the process.
Zone system photographers understand the limitations of the system, the idea
is generally to translate as much of the textural scene viewed in the
camera, to information(range of greys) in the print.
Marvin.