[rollei_list] Re: OT / prove it !

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:00:41 -0500

Hi Slobodon,

> I would have to agree with Eric on this one.

Then you're not thinking clearly ;-)

> The sheer volume of negative with 120 gives a much deeper density to
> the final print.

Agreed, for larger prints.  A 24 x 24 with a MF negative is far and above
what even under the most favorable conditions a 35mm could provide.  I'd
even say 12 x 12 as well...but Eric is claiming he can see this in a 5x7.  A
human just can't SEE that on a 5x7 with the unaided eye under any normal
viewing circumstances.  For 5x7, it's probably impossible as well even grain
sniffing.  The print just can't hold that much detail, and your naked eye
just couldn't see it.

Regards,

Austin