[rollei_list] Re: OT Artistic Voices (was Re: OT Mapplethorpe)

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 17:10:40 -0500

At 04:40 PM 3/8/2010, Elias_Roustom wrote:
>> Why not pay for these yourself, Eric, and leave my money alone?
>
>Marc as long as more than one person reside within one economic
>system, there's never such a thing as "my money alone".
>There never was, and never will be. The Libertarian illusion has got
>to be one of the most strident, self destructive fantasies ever to
>come down the pike.
>We can argue about how our public money is used or misused, and you'd
>be right to say that it is often misused, but not one of us can excuse
>himself from the link (pennies on the dollar) that binds us all.
>
>No man is an island. You and Eric, just by existing, cost me money -
>and there's nothing I can do to stop that, and I'm not sure I want to.
>
>With all due respect, as for what you call left and right... you're
>either having us, or you've been had.

This is buffoonery, Elias, and you know it. Read my other messages. YOU can choose to have your money stolen if you wish, but there are others who do not support such thieveries.

My existence does not cost you a dime of which I am aware. How so? Restrict government to its proper and quite minimal level, and I will certainly cost you nothing. Eric DOES cost you an arm and a leg, and seems cheerful about stealing your money.

Incidentally, I am not a Libertarian. They accept levels of government intrusion with which I am uncomfortable.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!