[rollei_list] Re: OT Artistic Voices (was Re: OT Mapplethorpe)

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 17:49:16 -0500

At 05:30 PM 3/8/2010, Elias_Roustom wrote:
>Riotous Marc! I hope no one's blood pressure is rising here.
>
>Are you by any chance collecting social security, or a military
>pension? If you are, or will soon be, you are or will be costing me
>(and maybe even my daughter) money.
>It's just the way it goes, for better or worse. When taxes turn into
>public money, and public money is spent by the hired staff of
>appointees of elected officers, and the country is as big as it is,
>there's room for everything from the wanton waste to the essential and
>the uplifting.

I am hardly old enough to draw Social Security, Elias. I do receive a Veterans Administration pension as a disabled veteran and a military retirement pension, albeit as I am a retired Reservist, this is not terribly large. These two are earned benefits which I receive in return for having kept you safe for many decades. You may thank me! I currently serve in the Virginia Defense Force and receive a grand total of six free meals a year, in return for annual expenditures on my part of around $200 or more.

Do not be so devoid of imagination, Elias, as to presume that we live in the best of all possible worlds. Look for ways to improve the current system. As it is, we have a government fat with ineffectiveness, inefficiency, corruption, and arrogance. Surely we can do better!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!