[rollei_list] Re: OT Artistic Voices (was Re: OT Mapplethorpe)

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 18:47:10 -0500

Elias -

It would be a small fraction of a penny. Here are some numbers:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/01/AR2010020103598.html

The Federal '09 budget was about $3.5 trillion, of which 12% accounted
for all discretionary spending

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:U.S._Federal_Spending_-_FY_2007.png

I agree with you... the arts are completely under-appreciated,
under-valued and under-funded here in the States.

Eric Goldstein