[rollei_list] Re: Looking for Rolleiflex F ... 2.8 Xenotar or 2.8/3.5 Planar

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:12:34 +0000 (GMT)

Jan, regarding prices I only could comment my personal
experience. Last month I bought in my country a 3.5F
Planar third type with strap, lens caps, case and
Rollei lens hood for the equivalent to $ 260.00. I was
happy till I received the camera, really the described
elements looked in A condition, the camera in B
condition, however the camera was not usable, it
showed a dent in the back and most functions were bad,
it seemed a camera used intensively and abandoned
afterwards, I think it never received a CLA.
The seller offered to give me back my money, but I
decided to keep the camera because the lenses were in
very good condition (except for a "ring" around the
edges of the taking lens first element that I thought
was "grease") and sent the camera to Harry Fleenor in
California for service.
To be brief: Harry will put my 3.5F like new, the
"grease" ring around the first element of the taking
lens was fungi and Hary sent the lenses to John van
Stelten in Colorado to remove them, John did the job
and Harry says the lens is OK, now I am waitng for the
camera for the next month.
Finally my  3.5F is costing me including the initial
purchasing cost and the service and shipment U$S
1,000.00, even a reasonable price for a 3.5F Planar
third type now like new (I hope it).-

All the best
Carlos
 --- Jan de Ridder <main@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> As heard by heaven, just about one hour after
> posting this thread I
> found a Rolleiflex 2.8f 295xxxx sr. numberXenotar in
> an original "B"
> condition, including makers box, case, strap,
> lenscap and lens sunshade
> thingie (forgot the exact name) for 890?. The offer
> includes a 4 week
> return policy. Apparantly it's technically and
> optically (as in lenses)
> in perfect condition just a few schratches and signs
> of wear, I have
> reserved it until tomorrow afternoon. Having got
> this escellent deal I'm
> worrying it's to cheap and that theres bound to be
> something wrong with
> it, but that my calvenistic parental influence
> playing a roll here ....
> Maybe some remarks from you guys about the price
>
> thanks
>
> jan

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into