[rollei_list] Re: Looking for Rolleiflex F ... 2.8 Xenotar or 2.8/3.5 Planar

  • From: Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:32:26 -0500

Hello Jan,
you wrote that Calvinism has affected your optimism in buying a Rollei. I don't understand what you mean, would you like to elaborate a little further. If you choose to reply you can do off the list as it is a little off topic.
Thanks for your message,
God bless You.
Marvin.

I can guess that he (or she) means that he is predestined to either have or not have a rollei, but only God knows whether he will get one or not. However, it is best to act as if you KNOW that you are born to shoot with a Rollei.

Or maybe it's like Hemingway's Calvinist theory about sex: that you are preordained to have a certain number of times, and after that, no more. You can shoot only so many exposures, and then no more. Only God knows how many frames you're allowed so shoot before you die.

--shannon