[rollei_list] Re: Looking for Rolleiflex F ... 2.8 Xenotar or 2.8/3.5 Planar

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:47:26 +0000 (GMT)

There is a seller in Nederlands offering some 2.8F in
Mint and A condition, he has for sale a nice 2.8F
Planar in A condition with case, strap and lens cap
costing U$S 1475.00.
BTW the F is the top of the line regarding technical
development, however this technical development is
linked with the coupled lightmeter, if you use a hand
held lightmeter, the F technical advantage loses
significance.
Regarding the brighter focusing screen, it's difficult
to find a camera with the new screen installed, you
could buy one afterwards.
The URL for the seller in Nederlands is:
http://www.collectcamera.com/

and then select Rollei

All the best
Carlos

 --- Jan de Ridder <main@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Hi all
>
> I had the pleasure of being able to borrow an old
> (ancient) Rolleiflex T
> for a couple of days, apart from the fact that I
> really love the
> handling and the touch and feel I also like the
> results very much.
> I have put in a lot of research on the various
> models, lens types etc.
> and have by now saved up some funds to purchase one.
>
> As mentioned I am looking for a Technically AA
> Rolleiflex F, lenses must
> be in tip-top condition to, I also want a brighter
> screen, be it beattie
> or any other type. Obviously original case, and
> manufactrurers boy would
> be nic but is not essential.
>
> Preferably I would like a late F model 2.8 Xenotar
> or 3.5 planar but
> would definately also go for a 2.8 planar.
>
> It would also be nice to buy from somebody within
> the European Union. I
> know there are offers on Ebay which I do not want to
> pursue. Further
> offers from dealers in Germany (where I live) and
> austria are terribly
> expensive, although nice.
>
> So I give it a try here, and if nothing comes up,
> nothing comes up and I
> will try and strike a deal with a dealer.
>
> Looking forward to your replies and/or suggestions
>
> Kindest regards
>
> Jan

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into