[rollei_list] Re: If Capa had digital

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 14:40:00 -0400

H i John,

> Capa's negatives were cooked in a drying cabinet by an
> inattentive lab tech.  Digital files aren't required to
> be mishandled in a drying cabinet.

Are you saying there is no potential for mishandling of digital files by an
inattentive assistant?  Or, that no mishandling is possible (as it isn't
required) with digital files?  They just "magically" always work...  Or, are
you saying that digital files require no actual mishandling to be "damaged"?
They can just simply be damaged by existing?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or snide...but trying to understand what you
are saying...

Regards,

Austin