[rollei_list] Re: Digital printing v. Analog

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:43:07 -0400

Hi Peter,

> I am referring to an SLR of even 4 MP.

Even a 4mp DSLR won't give you "equal" quality to decent 35mm and most
certainly not a decent MF film camera.  There just isn't enough information
there.  Do the arithmetic.

> If the camera was specifically
> a P&S, that would change things a bit. But the original comment did
> not specify a P&S, just a digital image.

The original comment, from Marc, was specifically about P&S digicams, and I
quote:

"On the other hand, I have a couple of inexpensive P&S digital cameras.
They can take 256 or so exposures on a single card, each of which will then
be able to be printed to at least 20" by 24" without any noticeable problem
with quality."

Regards,

Austin