[rollei_list] Re: Digital printing v. Analog

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 09:05:28 -0400

Neil Gould (snipped):

> I completely
> agree, and find this discussion to be generally absurd because so far, it
> has omitted the critical factor that can differentiate digital from analog
> image capture: the content of the scene (Ritz cracker excepted)! There are
> some scenes that will be better represented by one medium or the other,
> but the general difference between the media is the ability to capture
> subtle textures.

No, no, Neil, you don't understand. We are engaged in a science project
here, an engineering trial. Why on earth would you want to introduce
aesthetic or artistic considerations into a photographic discussion? <g>

We have this circular debate over and over and over again, and even from an
engineering POV, the assumptions made here are so out of touch with reality
as to render it both boring and useless... JMOs of course...

Eric Goldstein