[rollei_list] Re: Digital printing v. Analog

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:31:49 -0400

Hi Peter,

> Austin, you are not 100% correct. The posters I refer to were done by
> an old Kodak digital body that I believe had maybe 3-4 MPs. Sometimes
> math is not the solution.  You see after you res up the image using
> some commrecial programs that are unavailable to you or I directly,
> even you could not tell the difference.

I absolutely CAN tell the difference.  All rezzing up does is make more
data, it does not add any detail.  The larger images, will, as I've said,
have a "cartoon" look to them.  Sure, they have sharp edges to them...you
can get a sharp edge from a two pixel camera...but it has no detail.  Some
people like this look, and that's fine...but the image fidelity is lower,
though the images may "appear" sharper.  Sharpness is not necessarily
reality.

> Bet you are a fan of that new show on TV titled "Numbers." :-)

Nope, never heard of it.

Austin