[rollei_list] Re: Contrast and Resolution

  • From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 09:28:48 -0600

Hi all,

The discussion regarding contrast vs. resolution is interesting and raises
a point that I would like explained. How was resolution determined
independent of contrast? Today, we see resolution specifications that
include a contrast figure, and it is "common knowledge" (a.k.a. layman's
understanding) that lower contrast will accompany lower resolution
performance. Yet, the comments in this thread state the opposite! Can one
of you provide a definition and/or a method of determining resolution that
excludes contrast?

Regards,

Neil