[rollei_list] Re: An Embarrassing Omission by the List Owner

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:55:30 -0500

This is definitely true, but even when these lenses were new, or now
when they are spotless/hazeless, they do not have the same level or
type of contrast as modern optics. The comparison is easy to see. For
instance, I have a Sonnar 38/2.8 on a Contax T2 which just has a
ridiculous amount of contrast, so much so that printing the lens is
difficult. You will never get that from a pre-war lens...

Eric Goldstein