[rollei_list] Re: An Embarrassing Omission by the List Owner

  • From: Peter J Nebergall <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 06:40:30 -0800

Staying with that idea, I have two 50mm Sonnar 1.5 lenses for Contax.
One is a coated Opton, and the other an uncoated prewar piece.  The
coated one has been as good for me as my Summicrons, and of course
faster.  The uncoated one is sharp but very low contrast....  Is this
design, or just the usual taphonomic considerations of an old lens...?

P.J. Nebergall

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 16:22:19 +0000 aghalide@xxxxxxx writes:
boy did I mess up. I meant to say that we didn't publish high-contrast
lenses because we tested for resolution, not contrast. later on the tests
were also for contrast, as well as resolution. Zeiss Contarex lenses
proved to be wonderful. Of course the geared down mirror reduced mirror
shake which also added to the sharpness in this case. Still own the
Contarex and three lenses of the 1960s.  Ed Meyers

-------------- Original message from slobodan dimitrov
<s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------